Wednesday 22 December 2010

The Paramore Situation

As you all should know, Paramore are my favourite band and are incredibly important to me, not just musically but also as role models - Especially Hayley - She is my idol and I can't stress enough how important this blog post is for me.


I love them so much =3
I heard my first Paramore song back in mid-2008, that song was "Hallelujah" (and is to date, my favourite Paramore song). I was instantly hooked, that was also the year that Twilight came out, I saw the movie and instantly picked out Hayley Williams' voice and Josh Farro shredding guitar - don't say that Twilight is the reason I am a fan, because IT IS NOT. Twilight simply fuelled my love for them. Now, up until about September 2009, I wasn't really a massive fan; I mean, I liked them and listened to them on a regular basis but I wasn't a full on parawhore yet. Then, Brand New Eyes and Ignorance were released and I fell head over heels in love - Literally, In Love. I felt like I knew them, like I could relate to their songs and like I belonged in their fandom. I admired Hayley, I would also say I fell in love with her too - She is different, talented and quirky.
As you all know, This year was the first opportunity I got to see them live, I got tickets on the day they were released (9:02am exactly. They were released at 9:00am :P) and I was stoked to see them. That evening I was on Formspring, when a question popped up saying "Why do you like Paramore if you hate Christians". Now, It is a well known fact that the members of Paramore are all religious and also is a known fact that I really am not, I responded to this saying that I didn't hate Christians, I just happened to not be one myself. This went on all evening (I know exactly who this was by the way, They were just jealous that I got tickets and they didn't), I wasn't going to give up defending my right to be a fan and listen to their music, and wasn't going to stop defending their music - I know that some of their songs have a religious message, and I know that, I listen to them anyway because I remember reading a quote a while back from Josh Farro saying "Our faith is very important to us. It's obviously going to come out in our music because if someone believes something, then their world view is going to come out in anything they do. But we're not out here to preach to kids, we're out here because we love music". The fact that I was still getting abuse from this individual on the matter a few days later led me to delete my formspring account and I NEVER disable accounts on websites due to abuse. I think this shows how dedicated I am to the band.
So I went to see them with two of my closest friends about a month ago at the O2 arena and I can honestly say it was the best night of my life, I laughed, nearly passed out on several occasions and sang along with nothing but love and devotion towards the five people on stage. This turned on my obsession, ever since everything I do, say, tweet and update about has been Paramore. Hayley Williams - I can't even begin to say how much of an inspiration and a role model she is to me, I literally would probably go suicidal if she were to die - THAT is how much I love her! (creepy maybe, but her voice is amazing and she seems like a lovely girl in general and she knows how much of a role model she is to young women across the globe), And this isn't because she "leads" the band because she doesn't! I would also like to add that I have a full on crush on Taylor York ('cus that's important).
Then on Saturday, I had just finished watching Harry Potter DH1 (You'll be getting a blog like this about Harry Potter in July, Don't you worry XD) with my cousin when I got a text from Chris (who I went to Paramore with) saying:" Josh and Zac have left Paramore!! :(" I responded with: "WTF?!!"
Now I'm not going to say that I didn't see this coming, because I somehow had a feeling something was going to happen. Especially when I heard that they were taking a year off. but it hurt. A LOT. I mean, It was like having your family split up (I have no actual experience of this at all so yeah, but thats the nearest thing I have ever had)
I read Hayley's announcement and kinda took it like "oh, that's cool. I guess there's nothing I can do" and left it at that. I was really rather sad and depressed but there was nothing I could do.
Then, this evening I read a blogspot post from "Josh and Zac". It explained the real reason why they left and how bad things were in the band. I really wasn't sure what to believe, whether it was legit or not. But about 2 hours ago, Jill Striffler posted a video from Josh himself explaining that the blog was from them.
I was shell shocked, like seriously. I was hurt, upset, confused. It felt like I was watching my best friends argue and there was nothing I could do to save the friendship. I still am not quite sure how I felt about the situation.
However, I do want to say one thing that immediately came to mind. If Josh and Zac were so unhappy with everything - Then why didn't they back out when they could. That's all I'm saying. I also think that Hayley should have approached the "official announcement" in a different way.
Other than that, I am staying completely unbiased in this situation. I don't want to... I don't even know. I just can't write it.
I just want to say that I will NEVER stop supporting Paramore, OR stop looking up to Hayley. They will ALWAYS be my favourite band and I still listen to their music with pride.
I support Josh and Zac and look forward to what they do next, who knows, maybe they will form a band. Or maybe Josh and Jenna will have kids. I also look forward to what the three of them (Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor) produce because I know they are working on a new album next and I know they will continue to give us beautiful music


My exact feelings at the moment <3


Keep rocking and don't loose your faith
<3

2 comments:

  1. so sad..i love Paramore forever. they are the awesome band ever on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? They are still here though, just with less members XD

    ReplyDelete