Thursday 31 March 2011

It's... Thursday?

Hey :)
Long time no speak, about 6 weeks? I can only apologise >< Stuff has been going on and yeah... But I'm back now! So hi!

So things have started taking off on Youtube now (By taking off, I mean I have 70 subscribers, not that impressive no, but I am loving making videos :D ). If you want to take a look then click here, If you don't then don't. Whatever.

Since my last post I have turned 16 and I must say, being 16 isn't as amazing as I'd have hoped. I haven't been to any raving sex parties yet nor have I dropped out of school, In fact, I still have yet to buy my first lottery ticket. It honestly doesn't feel that special.

Also I performed in my school's production of Back to the 80's, I played Eileen and got to sing one of my favourite songs "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. Overall it was a great show and I'm really missing the cast and crew!

Action shot. FYI, I'm the one on the end singing like a loony


As for the NaNo novel, It never actually got finished >< I'm still working on it, but ho hum.

So I wanted to talk to you today about Rebecca Black, Y'know, That kid who sings "Friday friday gotta get down on friday" and uses the age old question "Which seat can I take?". Sure it's a cheesy song but I think some people are taking it too far.
I simply can't function if my friend is by my left.
Okay, so the lyrics aren't great, and the singing could be better but take away the auto-tune and she actually has some talent, don't believe me? go and watch this unplugged version sure, its not completely trained but her voice has potential. Also, I would like to add that she didn't write the song, nor did she decide what the video would be about, nor did she mix the song. She just got offered the opportunity to sing her own pop song and like any 13 year old girl would, she took it. I don't believe that she deserves all this hate because of something she chose to do. It's not like she chose to kill someone or like she chose to take drugs, she just chose to sing a song. Fair enough, It's not the greatest musical achievement but people seem to be forgetting, music doesn't have to always be serious, it can be silly and stupid but can still make people want to listen. People are attacking her simply because she is there to be attacked and seems vulnerable because of her age, say Muse released Friday, would they get all this hate? probably not. It seems that no matter what the song would be about, she could not win. If it were about boy troubles, people would be telling her that she is too young and silly to be dealing with that, If it were about politics, people would say that she is too young to understand any of it. It's not like she's trying to be the next Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus. I also think it is disgraceful people telling a 13 year old to go kill herself. People don't understand what effect their actions could actually have. How guilty would they feel if she actually killed herself? Teenagers have enough on their minds without having thousands of people telling you to jump under a bus.

Anyway, rant over.
Talk soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment